About DOCX to TXT Conversion
A word document may contain different type of content elements such as text, images, objects, tables, shape objects, and other similar data. If extraction of text from such a DOCX file is intended, text can be extracted by parsing these through some document processing API. However, there are free online tools that can convert DOCX to TXT file format.
DOCX to TXT Conversion - Free Demo
You can convert DOCX to TXT files using free online DOCX to TXT converter by Aspose.Words conversion app. It is totally free for use and is powered by Aspose.Words API at the backend.
With so much powerful APIs for working with DOCX files, Aspose offers free online apps for converting DOCX to TXT and other file formats. The benefits of using the online Aspose Apps include:
No Coding Required- Just upload your file and get the converted document as Output
Fast and Precise- Use the online conversion tool to convert your word files to TXT quickly and precisely
Completely Free- Enough free conversions to let you Convert your documents to TXT and other popular formats
Want to try it? Visit Aspose.Words Converter App for free conversion of DOCX to TXT.
Steps to Convert DOCX to TXT online
Converting DOCX to TXT using Aspose.Words online app is simple and includes the following steps.
- Go to Aspose.Words app for DOCX to TXT converter
- Upload your DOCX file by clicking the upload button
- Once done, press the Convert button. This will start the process of converting the DOCX file to TXT in the background
- You will be asked to download the converted TXT file once the DOCX to TXT conversion process completes
What happens when a DOCX is converted to TXT file?
DOCX is a rich media file format that can contain text as well as multimedia information. In addition, it can contain data in tables, images, embedded objects, shapes and many other drawings. In comparison, a .txt file can only contain text data and does not have the capability to contain rich media. Thus, when a DOCX file is converted to TXT, the following happens.
- All the text formatting is lost
- Images in the DOCX file are also lost
- Tables in the DOCX file are also removed and only text is exported to output TXT file
- Any shapes present in the DOCX file are also removed
In short, any content other than text is removed during conversion from DOCX to TXT.