What is a WQ2 file?
A WQ2 file is a spreadsheet file created by the software program “Corel Quattro Pro for DOS”. WQ2 stands for “Quattro Pro for Windows version 2.x”. This file format was used by Quattro Pro for DOS, which was released in the early 1990s and was the predecessor to the Windows-based versions of Quattro Pro.
WQ2 files are similar in structure to other spreadsheet file formats, such as XLS or CSV. They contain cells organized in rows and columns, and can include formulas, charts, graphs, and other types of data analysis tools. However, WQ2 files are no longer widely used or supported by modern spreadsheet software applications.
How to open WQ2 file?
To open a WQ2 file, you will need a spreadsheet software application that is compatible with the file format. Some older versions of Quattro Pro or Microsoft Excel may be able to open WQ2 files, but it’s possible that newer versions of these software programs will not support the format. In some cases, it may be necessary to convert the WQ2 file to a more widely supported format, such as XLS or CSV, before it can be opened in a modern spreadsheet software application. There are several third-party conversion tools available that can convert WQ2 files to other formats.
Converting WQ2 file to XLS format
To convert a WQ2 file to XLS format, you can use a conversion tool or a spreadsheet software application that supports both file formats. Here are the steps to convert a WQ2 file to XLS format using Microsoft Excel:
- Open Microsoft Excel on your computer.
- Click on the “File” menu and select “Open”.
- In the “Open” dialog box, navigate to the location where the WQ2 file is saved.
- Click on the dropdown menu next to the “Files of type” field and select “All Files”.
- Select the WQ2 file you want to convert and click on “Open”.
- Microsoft Excel will display a prompt asking you to select the format of the file. Choose “Quattro Pro for Windows” and click “OK”.
- The WQ2 file should now be open in Microsoft Excel.
- Click on the “File” menu and select “Save As”.
- In the “Save As” dialog box, choose “Excel Workbook” or “Excel 97-2003 Workbook” from the “Save as type” dropdown menu.
- Choose a location on your computer where you want to save the converted XLS file.
- Click on “Save” to convert the WQ2 file to XLS format and save it to your computer.
Once the conversion is complete, you can open the XLS file in Microsoft Excel or other spreadsheet software applications that support the XLS format. Note that the conversion process may not be perfect and some formatting or data may be lost in the conversion. It’s always a good idea to double-check the converted file to ensure that all data and formatting have been transferred correctly.