What is a TR file?
A file with a .tr extension is TomeRaider eBook file that is created with TomeRaider eReader software. These files can be opened on both Windows and Handheld devices such as Android, Palm OS, and EPOC, and are categorized as text files. The TomeRaider software developed by Yadabyte website and the official website provides more information about the TR files. The TR2 file format was replaced by the TR3 (TomeRaider 3) format. TR files offer fast searching and high compression levels.
Brief History of TR File Format
TomeRaider was developed by a UK-based software and web development company Yadabyte in 1999. The company took it further to TomeRaider version 3.
TR File Format
The latest release of TR file format is version 3 that provides support for fast searching and compression. It compresses text files to 45-60% of the original size. This enables TomeRaider ebook readers to perform fast searching, indexing, and compression. The TR file format is suitable for large reference documents and most documents require a DRM key for being encrypted.
Problems to open a TR File
There may be some common problems due to which you can’t be able to open the file:
- Absence of supporting software
- Outdated software version
- Corrupt TR file
- Improper links to the TR file in archive accesses
- No access right in the system to open the files
- Outdated drive in your system
- Removal of the report of the TR from the Windows archive
- Partial installation of an application that supports the TR format
- Infected TR file
- Insufficient space for hardware resources to help the opening of the TR file